Thursday, September 24, 2009

Mitzvah Projects - know of any?



As you know, I love receiving email from readers! I love to gather advice, ideas and tidbits, and also love when Mitzvah Kids write in to share their Mitzvah Projects with me.

"For my Mitzvah Project, I am collecting school supplies for schools that have suffered from budget cuts, and I am donating them through a Website called iloveschools.com. They post lists of supplies needed and schools that really need those supplies. I am not only looking for general school supplies but also the specific needs of the teachers. I do not feel it is right that these teachers have to take money from their own pockets and use it for everybody else's needs. They do enough for their community."



She created and distributed a flyer, identifying the supplies she was looking for. Her list included pens, pencils, crayons, erasers and scissors. Her Bat Mitzvah will be later this year, and she will collect supplies through the end of the year.

The nonprofit organization iLoveSchools.com is a wonderful resource which was established in 2003. Its mission is "to raise awareness of classroom resource inequities facing America's schools and teachers, to provide the resources and to promote the love of learning to all American students, without regard to social, economic or demographic circumstances."

No comments:

Post a Comment